Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm going to beat you silly, okay?

Today, the four of us were in the car, driving to the seminary. The kids were arguing.

Elijah, angrily: "Stop it!"
Skylar, loudly: "Hssss!"
Elijah, angrily: "I say stop it, Sky-ar!"
Skylar, loudly: "Hsss!"

Mama: "Skylar, I hear him saying 'stop it.' You need to respond with your words or stop doing what you're doing."

Skylar, calmly, "I don't want you to say stop it."
Elijah, whining, "Stop it!"
Skylar: "Hssss!"

I roll my eyes and take a breath. Before I can speak,though:

Skylar: "I'm going to hiss at you every time you say 'stop it,' okay?"

Pause.

Elijah: "Otay."

Silence.

Skylar: "Say 'stop it.'"
Elijah, hesitantly: "Stop it."
Skylar: "Hssss!"

Eli cracked up, and they played that game (or something similar) the whole ride.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this "window" to my wonderful family! Laurie

    ReplyDelete