Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hiking

I don't know why we haven't done much hiking here, but we haven't. This weekend, though, we've done two hikes. Our kids are incredible!

Yesterday, we went to the Natural Bridge. I didn't take any pictures, so here's one that someone else has taken:



There wasn't much walking, but we decided to go off the bridge and climb on the rocks down below & then back up the rocks! The kids did great. At one point, I was helping Skylar from behind, and her skirt (it was an impromptu thing to go hiking) fell off. She had forgotten to put on underwear, and so her moonie was catching the breeze. I haven't laughed so hard in years! I only feel mildly bad that it was at my daughter's uncomfortable situation. She handled it very gracefully, too. She just ignored my laughter and hitched up her skirt once she was up top.

Today, we went to Bridal Veil Falls, which is a short hike, maybe .8 each way. Elijah, who's not even 3 yet, jumped and ran all the way to the falls. We decided to retrace our steps rather than do the loop, so on the way out he slept in the backpack carrier. Skylar did the whole thing plus a little as we were looking for trail blazes. They are white. White. Do you know how many trees have white squares of something on them? It must be some kind of moss or fungus or ???? It looks A LOT like the trail blazes. We had a great time anyway, and I think Jordan and I are both stubborn enough to want to go back (maybe without the kids) to find the right way. Here's a picture I took of the falls.



PS - I wrote this on Sunday. I've had trouble with uploading the photo, so I'm only posting it now.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahaha!!!! That Skylar is a hoot! Natural Bridge is one of our favorite spots. There are so many great things to see once you climb down and start exploring.

    ReplyDelete